Columbia-Cascade Great Pyrenees Rescue is a not for profit rescue organization created to provide rescue support for dogs and their people in the Pacific Northwest; Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are associated with and follow rescue guidelines set by the Great Pyrenees Club of America (GPCA). Columbia-Cascade Great Pyrenees Rescue is operated exclusively by volunteers using donated funds.
All our dogs were rescued “locally” and are placed locally. Available dogs are fully vetted with health checks, spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and behavior is assessed by people with many, many years of experience with the Great Pyrenees breed. Rescue volunteers work diligently to place the right dog with the right family. Just because a dog is available may not necessarily mean that dog is the right fit for you, so we ask that you be patient.
All adopters will be expected to sign an Adoption Contract that stipulates the following minimum agreements:
- Take full responsibility and care for the dog
- Provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter and veterinary care as the dog may require throughout its life.
- Keep the dog indoors or in a suitably fenced area adjacent to the buyers residence, not chaining it continuously nor allowing it to roam.
- Accept all risks and responsibilities of ownership for the animal from the time adopter takes possession, including liability for damage or injury caused by the animal.
- To release CCGPC from all responsibility once the dog is in adopter’s possession.
- To not sell, give away, destroy or otherwise dispose of, without first notifying CCGPC rescue services and giving us first option to obtain the dog.
Rescue volunteers and club members are available to help with questions about the Great Pyrenees breed and to help owners work through behavior or health issues. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.